Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What Work Has Taught Me Jounral

I’ve changed a lot within the last few years, and I know it has been for the better. I owe alot of it to having a job and always having responsibility. I know a lot of people my age with a job where they look at it as just a place to make money. My job means much more than that to me. Having a job has taught me so much and has literally guided me in the right direction as far as maturing. I strongly believe that having a job as a teenager can provide a young person a sense of maturity and responsibility that will serve them well in the future.
All in all loved the work environment. I began to stop my bad habits and started to pick up hours. The person I used to be slowly started to fade away and I grew up. I started to act mature and be professional and decided to cut back on going out, and focus more on working.
Having a job has made me work my very best. Their standards are very high and slacking off is not an option. The way I work there has also rubbed off on the way I work in school, and I now put in a lot of effort in school to be the best I can. It’s helped me realize on what’s really important. My priorities are high, I have to admit, but I know I can do whatever I want if I just have the right mind set. Working numerous hours helps me focus, and I’m still able to concentrate on my school work as well. I don’t really have the time just to do nothing anymore. The duties and responsibilities I have are very important to me.
The knowledge that I have picked up from working is going to be helpful for me when I do transition to my next job. The customer service skills I’ve developed are great communication skills, having patience, and handling common problems. A few years back, I wouldn’t even be able to imagine that I’d be here now and I can’t wait to see where I go in the future with the motivation I have.
Working has affected me in many ways. Sometimes I choose to stay in, rather than going out. I’ve also learned what the true meaning of a dollar is. The money I have is the money I’ve earned. When I’m out buying things, I now second guess myself and ask, is this really worth it? I have been taught to listen to everyone’s opinion and to keep my thoughts to myself if they aren’t respectful. My attitude towards certain situations has changed. I’ve watched customers come in with a terrible attitude and act so negative about everything. It may sound silly, but they have showed me that I don’t want to present myself like that, and that I rather be positive.

I do believe that a teenager who has had job experience similar to mine will find it valuable in their future. I do believe keeping a job and working hard is something that’s very important.  I believe having a job as a teen can help someone make smart decisions not only now, but later on in life. These skills I’ve learned, I know they will follow me. I’ve learned how to be responsible, respectful, and reliable. Words will never be able to describe how thankful I am to be apart of such an awesome team.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I intend on making my kids get jobs as soon as they can. Earn their own money, things like that. I never had a job, never paid for my own things, and that made life a lot harder. Funny, because at the time I thought what a great thing it was. Wrong. This was such an encouragement to read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good job that makes a person feel accomplished is a great find. I also feel that my job has made me mature and taught me lessons that I would not have learned otherwise. Teamwork is another important trait that I have learned through my job. It was encouraging reading your blog. Thanks for sharing Madison.

    ReplyDelete