Saturday, July 4, 2015

Bloom journal



After looking at and reading about the Blooms Taxonomy chart, I know understand how your brain develops, and how we move up the chart as we complete a task or in this case improve our writing. At the very beginning of the summer all I had is past knowledge from years before, and was trying to remember it all as we got started. Then as we began reading the heart and the fist, I was then at the comprehensive level. Not only did I have to read the book, but I had to really understand and comprehend what I was reading so I could then discuss and write about what I had read with my class mates.
When we created our blog is when I moved up to the step of application. We were required to create something I had never done before, but I did however have a Myspace back in the day. Even though I had never created a blog I used my past knowledge to realize it was similar to how I would set up my profiles on Myspace. I loved creating the blog, and even though I didn’t know exactly what I was doing. I analyzed the website. I messed with everything and explored all my options until I had it perfect. Not only did I have to analyze the blogger website, but I also had to explore Mrs. A’s classroom and our classroom to find my way and do the best I could this summer.
I believe I moved up to the synthesis stage when I began to free write on my blog more offer.  I began to notice words I used to often and I realized I was a better writer than I thought. I always dreaded having to sit down and write a paper. But when we were able to just free write on our journals everyday it was relaxing and it made me proud of myself and what I was capable to do.
This past week we have been focusing on editing of writing groups essays and our own which has pushed me to the evaluation section. I had to examine and judge their writing and recommend my opinion on how to improve their essay, as they did the same thing for me. Now I have been editing my own paper, making revisions and trying to make it the best it can be.

This is my first time being introduced to the Blooms chart and I love it. It really is true and everything about it makes perfect sense, especially using my past experiences to really show my growth as a writer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment