Sunday, July 19, 2015

Final reflection blog post

          This summer I believe I have improved in my overall writing and much of it has to do with my blogging. Writing every day for 21 days straight has really pushed me to my full writing abilities. I never knew the talent I really had. I always thought writing was not only the worst subject but my weakest capability as well. I always dreaded when a writing assignment came up and procrastinated it to the end, every time. 

          When we were first assigned this I was not looking forward to having to type something every day and honestly I didn’t have faith in myself to do so either. I thought, "What am I going to write about? My writings going to be boring, and I’m not good enough to do this." But after we got going and I started writing about things I’m interested in and that really mattered to me. The blog began to become a place for me to just go, write, clear my mind and really express my thoughts. 

          At the beginning of this exercise it was hard for me to come up with ideas to write about and it would take me a long time to type everything I wanted to say. But as my page grew so did my brain. I began to think about things I was going to write about as I went through my day. I would get so excited just to come home and type about everything I had thought about that day, and that I wanted to tell my bloggers.

          Another thing that I really saw improve over the weeks was the time it took me to write. At the beginning I was typing anywhere from 300-400 words in ten minutes.
By the end of the three weeks I doubled that and I was writing a whole 800-900 words in ten minutes. 
         

          I believe the whole concept of a blog to write on for class is awesome. We had the chance to express our self’s in the way we wanted to. We got a chance to make it personal and we developed at our own pace, and improved our writing all our on our own, with help from all the resources Mrs. A provided us with and the help and comments of our peers. 

1 comment:

  1. I was really apprehensive when given this assignment. Writing has never been my strong-suit either. Like you, I found that I improve in writing proficiency through the weeks. I still have a long way to go, but I agree with you that blogging gave us a chance to express ourselves in our own way. Thanks for sharing Madison.

    ReplyDelete