Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Journal The beautiful country of Switerland

One country I traveled to is the beautiful country of Switzerland, officially known as the Swiss confederation, is a landlocked country in Western Europe bordered by Germany to the North, Italy to the South, France to the West, and Austria and Liechtenstein to the East.  Switzerland is about 2 times the size of New Jersey, covering 15,942 square miles.  Switzerland is sometimes referred to as the “roof of Europe” because of the soaring Alps that cover more than half of the country.  Although Switzerland is predominantly a German speaking country, its closeness with the other countries brings also a lot of French and Italian language into Switzerland.  There is a lot to learn about this country and I believe Americans should learn more about Switzerland because of their economy, education system, low crime rate, culture and amazing landmarks of the country. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to travel to Switzerland! I too think there is a lot to learn from this country, especially their economy and education system. Thank you for sharing and describing what surrounded Switzerland and the language of the country. This was an interesting post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife has always wanted to visit Switzerland. I wouldn't mind seeing the Alps and and getting a different perspective of the world. I have some friends that have gone and said it was amazing. Thanks for sharing. Maybe one day my wife, son and I will get the chance to visit Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete