Sunday, July 5, 2015

Journal I believe reflection

            This I believe essay has so far been my favorite assignment this summer. What I liked best about it, is how it was broken up into many steps which made it less stressful, more personal and easier to complete.  This assignment was the best personal narrative I think I’ve ever written, just because I came up with it all on my own and it was a topic that really meant a lot to me. Normally a personal narrative has more guide lines on what it has to be about, and you usually just end up using the story that best fits the rubric. But with this one I felt it was really my own true words about what I believe and why I believe this way.   When we completed our, I believe list it had my mind thinking about all the things I truly believed in, and how I could expand on all the topic I was writing. Creating the list my brain really started thinking, and I was really proud of how long and detailed my list was for the amount of time we were allowed.

            I also really enjoyed being able to read what the other members of my writing group believed in. I felt like after reading everyone’s essay, I had known them their whole lives and we were then connected in a different level. The one thing I would change is maybe not having so many people in each group. I loved being able to give everyone my input and read about them, but by the last one I felt like I was saying the same thing and that the last essay I edited didn’t get as good as advise as the first 3.  Reading everyone’s comments on my essay truly made me happy. Not only from all the good reflection of my group but also because of constructive criticism they had provided me with. I didn’t even realize that I had turned my essay into our group discussion with weird paragraphing or that I needed to expand more on my own experience until I read the comment of my group. I believe the honestly and great advise of my group truly helped me improve my writing.  I really enjoyed this assignment and If I had the chance to do it again I would chose the second thing that I believed in the most on my list and enjoy writing about it just as much as I did this topic. 

1 comment:

  1. Madison,

    We did have a good group and I too appreciated the constructive criticism which was provided by each member of the group. The assignment did allow us insight on a much more personal level, leaving us to feel like we knew each other a lot better. I actually enjoyed it too. ~~Lucas

    ReplyDelete