Saturday, June 27, 2015

Journal for Saturday june 27th

Move in Day.
Today is the day our new home actually feels like home. We have been living in our house in Springfield since June 5th with only my bed room furniture a TV in the living room a futon for my roommate to sleep on. MY roommate’s family went to Florida the weekend we moved in for two whole weeks and of course she was the one with everything. Today we woke up at 8 am to prepare for the arrival of the family. We knew we were going to be getting of lifting on so we ate a good breakfast and mentally prepared our self for the day. Because after a full day of moving we both had to work at 5 until close. So around 10:30 the parents arrived in a big U-Haul packed full. I am not over exaggerating when I day you couldn’t fit another thing in there. We spent 2 hours just unloading the trailer and trying to fit it all in the living room and on our front porch. When my roommate told me she had a lot of things she was not over exaggerating either. She had 2 big white fluffy couches for us, a dining room table all of her bed room furniture, 2 big chairs a desk and boxes and boxes of decorations. Her family had just re decorated there house the year before and were saving everything because they thought they were getting lake house and ended up not getting one so Chelsea ended up with everything. The day was full of jokes and lots of nose sweet. I and Chelsea never really knew how strong we were until we carried every single thing off that tailor with very little help from her step dad. We did meet our neighbors across the street that day as well. She came over and brought us fresh cold lemonade with a card that had her number on it just in case we ever needed anything. We both told her we were taking it online this summer, and come to find out she is actually an English teacher at MSU. 
I think that’s about it for today. 

Madison 

1 comment:

  1. Good Post Madison. I could actually feel your excitement. I am so happy for you. I like how you ended with the MSU English teacher surprise.

    ReplyDelete